Indica Cannabis Strains | Buy Indica Weed Online in Canada
Medically Reviewed on Jun 27, 2021 by Dr. K Langdon
Buy Indica weed online in Canada at Just Cannabis and access some of the most top-grade Indica strains around. Enjoy the smooth, tasty, and potent Indica buds that we have in our cannabis shop. Experience the relaxing sensations at the most affordable prices.
Buy Indica Marijuana Strains Online in Canada With Confidence
The Cannabis plant falls within three main varieties: Indica, Sativa and Ruderalis. Crossbreeding of these strains leads to the creation of hybrid weed. Indica marijuana plants are typically stout, broad-leafed, conical and densely branched with dense round buds in which the active and intoxicating compounds originate. Indica strains usually have a shorter flowering time than Sativa strains, making them a preferable choice to grow outdoors in colder climates like those in northern countries. The effects of each strain may vary significantly due to the cannabinoids content and the amount and ratio of terpenes present in them. Other types of phytochemicals create the strain-specific “Entourage” or synergistic effect.
Although the scientific evidence is limited, consumers of Indica mainly use it for its relaxant properties as it helps in relaxing the person and sleep-inducing. The common belief Indicates the Indica strains have more body-associated effects, such as pain-relief and calmness. However, the effects may vary significantly from person to person and from strain to strain.
At Just Cannabis, we offer some of the most sought-after cannabis Indica strains in Canada and at affordable prices. We strive to be the best online weed store in Canada by providing some of the best deals and some of the best quality marijuana strains around.
What is an Indica Weed Strain?
Indica strains are a subcategory of the cannabis genus. They are known to be short and bushy plants that produce dense and round buds. Cannabis Indica plants typically have a shorter flowering period and are ideal for more relaxed environments with shorter summers. These strains originated from the Southern, Central and Eastern regions of the world, such as Pakistan, Thailand, Morocco and Afghanistan.
Many believe Indica weeds commonly have properties that induce a couch locking and a more sedating set of effects, making many Indica marijuana strains ideal for nighttime use. A common myth is that THC content in Indica strains is higher than that of Sativa strains. The two Cannabis varieties change mainly in their origin and physical properties and, in some cases, vary in their chemical properties. However, some Indica weed strains can share similar characteristics and induce similar effects with Sativa strains.
To compare hybrid, Sativa and Indica weed strains, you can visit our Sativa vs Indica guide.
Benefits of Using Indica Weed
Like cannabis in general, Indica flower is safe compared to comparable substances, and significant adverse effects are rare. In contrast, the benefits of marijuana use greatly outweigh its negative impacts. This minimal risk is why it is legal in Canada and is why so many Canadians are choosing to use cannabis to help them throughout their daily lives. Also, many Indica strains increase relaxation, euphoria, sedation and lethargy, making such strains preferable for nighttime use. For those looking for the “couch-lock” effect, Indica weed strain is preferable. Furthermore, THC (the central psychoactive molecule in Cannabis that causes intoxication) can affect people differently, and the outcome felt can often differ significantly between people. A person's metabolism, body-weight, tolerance levels and mostly, the amount of product consumed can substantially affect a person's experience with Cannabis and THC.
Below are some of the most common therapeutic effects associated with Indica weed use:
Information for Medical Marijuana Patients
The medicinal evidence of Cannabis benefits for several medical conditions is growing as more clinical studies and research is taking place globally. This growing evidence of the therapeutic use of Cannabis has additional implications for recreational and commercial use among the general public. The medicinal properties of marijuana, especially the anti-inflammatory and psychoactive effects, have been the target of many studies conducted by scientists and researchers. New reviews and experiments are ongoing around the globe and what was once considered a very harmful product in society is gaining more acceptance even by its staunchest opposers. Marijuana has been part of the herbal medicine books for centuries. Still, as scientists are getting more understanding of the plant, it can be used as part of the modern medicine toolbox in contemporary medicine. An example of it is its possible role in treating symptoms relating to the novel coronavirus SARs-CoV-2.
Below are some of the medical conditions the might be able to benefit from the use of medical Cannabis and are currently under scientific or clinical studies::
|Muscle Spasms||Insomnia||Lack of Appetite|
|Movement Disorders||Autoimmune Issues|
|Muscular Dystrophy||Parkinson’s Disease|
Possible Side Effects of Indica Marijuana
There are potential side effects for Cannabis consumers, especially non-experienced ones, who should enjoy Cannabis in a safe and measured way. The main rule is “ Start low and go slow.” If experiencing any side effects, they will often pass quickly, and a short rest and an energizing beverage should assist. Cannabis contains psychoactive molecules and . should not be taken before driving or undertaking any dangerous activities. People that experienced psychosis or other psychological concerns or have a first-degree relative with a mental illness history should avoid the consumption of Cannabis unless advised otherwise by a medical doctor.
Below are some of the most common adverse effects associated with Indica or Sativa weed use.
|Dry Mouth||Red Eyes||Lethargy|
|Chest Pain||Rapid Heart Rate||Memory Retention Issues|
|Coordination Issues||Respiratory Irritation||Increased Heart Rate|
|Low Blood Pressure||Drowsiness||Restlessness|
Best Indica Strains
Selecting the ideal strain, Indica or Sativa in Canada or globally, can be overwhelming for the wide variety available. There are many different strains ( AKA Cultivars ) with other chemical profiles. You can find many of these in Cannabis dispensaries across Canada. Much more research needs to take place to define the differences of strains and their effects. Still, it is essential to say that different strains might have unique chemical fingerprints, leading to particular traits and results.
Some of the best cannabis in Canada is Indica dominant strains, including such strains as:
|Ace of Spades Strain||Afghani Strain||Berries & Creme Strain|
|Big Bud Strain||Black Diamond Strain||Black Domina Strain|
|Black Gas Strain||Black Mamba Strain||Blue Cheese Strain|
|Blue God Strain||Bubba Kush Strain||Chemdawg Strain|
|Chronic Kush Strain||Critical Kush Strain||Critical Mass Strain|
|Dank Sinatra Strain||Darth Vader Strain||Death Bubba Strain|
|Death Star Strain||Dr. Funk Strain||El Chapo Strain|
|El Jefe Strain||Gelato Strain||Gorilla Glue Strain|
|Grand Daddy Purple Strain||Grease Monkey Strain||Hashplant Strain|
|Headband Strain||Hindu Kush Strain||Island Pink Strain|
|King Louis XIII Strain||Kosher Kush Strain||LA Confidential Strain|
|LSD Strain||Master Kush Strain||Northern Lights Strain|
|Nuken Strain||OG Kush Strain||Pink Kush Strain|
|Platinum Kush Strain||Purple Candy Strain||Purple Kush Strain|
|Purple Space Cookies Strain||Purple Urkle Strain||Rockstar Strain|
|Sherbet Cake Strain||Snow White Strain||Star Killer Strain|
|Tangerine Dream Strain||Tom Ford Strain||Violator Kush Strain|
|Walter White Strain|
Best Ways to Take Indica CannabisOver the many years, Cannabis and humankind live side by side; humans invented many creative and efficient ways to consume cannabis. Below are some of the most common ways to enjoy your weed:
- Smoke it in a joint: Smoking a joint is one of the most common methods of consuming cannabis. This method is extremely efficient because the intoxicating effect seems to start taking effect only after a few puffs. Smoking may cause the effects to peak around 30 minutes, and they may last 1-3 hours. Additional methods that involve inhalation of Cannabis smoke are :
- A bong hit
- Using a pipe
- Vape it in a dry herb vaporizer: Vaporizers heat the cannabis plant to a temperature that releases the plant’s active compounds and creates vapours. Vaporizers are just as efficient as joints as they too start taking effect in a matter of seconds after inhalation. The effects may peak before 30 minutes and may last for a couple of hours.
- Eat it in edibles: Edibles is perhaps the cleanest way of consuming cannabis, but it’s not the most efficient. Because the cannabinoids first reach the gut and liver, they convert into 11-hydroxy THC, which carries different effects from the original Δ9THC chemical. It may take anywhere between 15-60 minutes, depending upon the consumer’s metabolism and prior eating. The effects may last for several hours depending upon the amount consumed. However, it is an easy way of abusing cannabis as consumers, especially new ones, may carelessly ingest more cannabis just because they couldn’t feel the effects immediately, which leads to overdose.
Cannabis Dosage Chart:
Doing cannabis can be tricky at times. The dosing instructions for Indica cannabis strains are the same as for any marijuana strains. However, THC can affect people differently, so you should use this dosage chart with a grain of salt. Things such as body weight, frequency of use and metabolic rate can have huge effects on how THC affects an individual.
|LEVEL||POTENCY (THC)||EFFECTS||FOR WHO?|
|Very low||< 3%||Very mild||Susceptible Users|
|Low||3 - 9%||Light||New Stoners|
|Moderate||10 - 18%||Moderate||Moderate Stoners|
|High||19 - 25%||High||Heavy Stoners|
|Stoner||> 25%||Intense||Master Stoners|
For a more detailed breakdown, you can check out our guide to all things cannabis.
Suppose you’re looking for new alternatives to your typical consumption of cannabis-based solely on their Indica or Sativa names. In that case, you must understand the three categories of THC and CBD content which are the main factors determining the effects of the product. The three categories are as follows:
- Dominant THC content: Cannabis products that lie in this category are ideal for consumers seeking a euphoric and psychoactive experience as provided by the high THC content. The strains in these categories you can also use to treat various medical conditions like pain insomnia and treat nausea, and vomiting. However, the products that lie in this category may also have more undesirable side effects than the other types. For them, it is recommended they try products with dominant CBD content.
- Balanced CBD and THC content: Strains in this category also offer both euphoria and symptom relief. However, the CBD presence with the THC might decrease the side effects and may not be as strong as the high THC strain. For consumers who are just starting, using a balanced strain is preferred.
- Dominant CBD content: This category consists of products with the highest amount of CBD in them with little to no THC traces. CBD is not psychoactive in the same manner THC is; therefore, it may offer some medical symptoms relief without the intoxicating feeling. Now that you’ve familiarised yourself with the different categories of THC and CBD content containing products, here are some of the most popular alternatives to regular marijuana buds: Cannabis Concentrates are products with high levels of THC and minimal plant matter. The beneficial compounds are separated from the unwanted plant material, leaving a purer and more potent product. Some of the most common weed concentrates include hash, shatter, budder, THC oil, live resin, THC distillate, and weed vapes.
Edibles are any cannabis products that you can eat. Many cannabis edibles are everyday food items infused with THC. Some of Canada’s most popular marijuana edibles include THC gummies, THC chocolate, weed cookies, THC capsules, and THC tinctures. Weed edibles do not start working immediately after consumption as they first must go through the gut and liver and then be converted into another different compound. Thus, edibles high is less controllable because consumers accidentally ingest large amounts because they can’t feel the effects instantaneously. Therefore, we recommend you take weed edibles in a limited quantity. The typical time for weed edibles to start working ranges from about 15 to 60 minutes, depending upon the person’s metabolic rate and current digestion state
CBD Products are items that do not cause intoxication. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in cannabis. However, CBD does not directly activate receptors in the brain and does not cause the intoxicating effects of THC use. Some of Canada’s most common cannabidiol products include CBD oil, CBD pills, CBD edibles, CBD vapes, and CBD gummies.
Magic Mushroom products are those that contain the hallucinatory drug psilocybin. These products are perfect for those looking for a much more intense experience. Some of the most sought-after shroom products include dried mushrooms, chocolate shrooms, shroom gummies, shroom pills, and mushroom tea. Fair warning, using mushrooms or that matter, any type of hallucinogens doesn't come free of side effects. Using these types of products makes the consumer hear, feel and see things that are not real.
Buy Indica Weed Strains Online in Canada | Just Cannabis
Make JustCannabis your go-to source for cannabis goodness. We are Canada’s best online marijuana dispensary and offer various ways you can save on your next purchase. Browse our selection of some of the best Indica cannabis strains in Canada. We provide premium buds, ounce specials, budget buds and our fire collection! So what are you waiting on? Shop Just Cannabis, Canada’s cannabis store.
- Rosado, Joseph Dr. (2019, January 25). Cannabis Indica. Marijuana Doctors. Available At: https://www.marijuanadoctors.com/resources/cannabis-indica/
- Health Europa. (2019, July 22). 20 Health benefits of cannabis that everyone should know. Available At: https://www.healtheuropa.eu/health-benefits-of-cannabis/92499/
- Department of Justice. (2019, October 17). Cannabis Legalization and Regulation. Available at: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/
- Currin, Grant. (2020, September 10). How does cannabis get you high? Live Science. Available At: https://www.livescience.com/how-cannabis-high-works.html
- Engl, N. J. (2016, April 11). Adverse Health Effects of Marijuana Use. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. Available At: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/
- Elisabetta Faenza, Medicinal cannabis may play a significant role during COVID-19. Accessed Jan 13th at https://www.healtheuropa.eu/medicinal-cannabis-may-play-a-significant-role-during-covid-19/103093/
- Methods of Cannabis Consumption. Accessed Jan 12th at https://www.safecannabisuse.com/dosing
- Elizabeth Hartney, What To Know About Magic Mushroom Use. Accessed Jan 13th at https://www.verywellmind.com/what-are-magic-mushrooms-22085