Hybrid Cannabis Strains | Buy Hybrid Weed Online in Canada
Medically Reviewed on September 3, 2021 by Dr. K Langdon
Buy hybrid weed online in Canada at Just Cannabis and enjoy some of the tastiest, most fragrant, and potent buds around. Select from a massive collection of the most sought-after hybrid marijuana strains in Canada. Get the lowest prices and best deals on hybrid cannabis from the highest-rated weed farmers in Canada.
Buy Hybrid Weed Strains Online in Canada With Confidence
Hybrid weed strains are cannabis that has genetics from both Indica and Sativa marijuana plants. They’re grown in greenhouses and farms from a combination of Indica and Sativa strains. There is a wide range of hybrids, with some being Indica-dominant and some lean more heavily on the Sativa side. This particular type of cannabis strain’s physical appearance depends heavily upon the combination of the parent plants.
At Just Cannabis, we offer some of the most popular hybrid strains in Canada. We work with some of the top cannabis farmers in Canada to bring you the finest selection of hybrid strains. So make JustCannabis your go-to marijuana store and take advantage of some of the lowest prices around.
What is Hybrid Cannabis?
There are very few pure breeds of Indica and Sativa due to global breeding programs. Most of the marijuana strains present in the market are hybrid breeds that are made by crossbreeding Indicas and Sativas. Unlike Indicas and Sativas, hybrid strains do not require special environmental requirements; thus, they are easily grown indoors in greenhouses. This ease is exactly why hybrid strains have become more mainstream than pure Indica or Sativa strains.
Hybrid cannabis is also known to provide the “best of both worlds.” It contains both Indica and Sativa strains’ genetics, consequently possessing the two strains’ useful properties. The THC and CBD content present in the strains of hybrid cannabis provides euphoria caused by THC while also providing symptom relief and clear-headedness because of CBD’s presence.
Different Types of Cannabis Strains
Despite all these alternatives, it is imperative that consumers looking for new options first have complete knowledge of what to expect from various strains. The THC and CBD content in a strain comes in three categories. The categories are as follows:
- THC dominant strains: As the name suggests, THC content in the strains that lie in this category is way higher than other cannabinoids. It is due to this reason the effects of the strains are mainly psychedelic and induce the feeling of euphoria and relaxation. The strains may also prove helpful for people suffering from chronic pain, anxiety, nausea, and stress.
- CBD dominant strains: This is the category that targets people looking for the medicinal uses of cannabis. The strains in this category contain higher amounts of CBD than other cannabinoids, making them excellent for medicinal uses. They may be used for their anti-inflammatory properties, alleviate chronic pain, nausea, anxiety, stress, and other medical conditions.
- Balanced THC and CBD content: The strains in this category can provide its consumers with the best of both worlds by being the only category that contains strains with the same amount of CBD and THC. This distinct quality about these strains allows their consumers to get a euphoric experience alongside mild symptom relief.
For a more detailed breakdown of hybrid, Sativa and Indica weed strains, you can visit our Sativa vs Indica guide.
Typical Benefits of Using Hybrid Weed
Hybrid strains are perfected upon as time passes, making some hybrid strains some of Canada’s best weed. Additionally, it is easy to find many hybrid strains that suit your specific needs because there is such a wide range of hybrid strains.
On top of that, each strain will have its own unique set of characteristics and effects. Some of the most common effects include increases in happiness, relaxation, euphoria, sedation, and creativity.
Below are some of the most common effects associated with hybrid weed use:
Cannabis has been used for ages to treat a wide range of medical conditions. For example, users widely use hybrid weed strains to treat stress, depression and anxiety. Furthermore, chronic pains, aches, and inflammation are other common uses. Also, appetite and sleep disorders are other reasons why people may choose to take cannabis. In particular, the hybrid strain has proven to be quite useful when it comes to treating the side effects of chemotherapy. Some widely available hybrid strains have proven to be extremely helpful in managing nausea, pain, vomiting, headaches, and body aches caused by chemotherapy.
Furthermore, the balanced set of effects of many hybrid strains make them ideal for a wide range of conditions.
Below are some of the most common medical uses of hybrid marijuana:
|Muscle Spasms||Insomnia||Lack of Appetite|
|Movement Disorders||Autoimmune Issues||Psychiatric Symptoms|
Possible Side Effects
Side effects of hybrid weed strains are the same as for Indica and Sativa strains. The good news is that adverse effects are often minor in seriousness and fleeting in duration. The most common side effects of THC use are red eyes and a dry mouth. Other, more severe side effects can be a result of overconsumption. They may include hypertension, lack of coordination, anxiety, paranoia, high blood pressure, and bloodshot eyes. We recommend that consumers not drive while under the influence of marijuana, regardless of the strain, as it still is a psychedelic and may alter our decision-making abilities and hand-eye coordination.
It is important to note that Cannabis is legal in Canada but there are still rules in place.
Below are some of the most common adverse effects associated with hybrid weed use.
|Dry Mouth||Red Eyes||Lethargy|
|Chest Pain||Rapid Heart Rate||Memory Retention Issues|
|Coordination Issues||Respiratory Irritation||Increased Heart Rate|
|Low Blood Pressure||Drowsiness||Restlessness|
Best Hybrid Strains
Cannabis breeders are always creating new and improved hybrid weed strains. Some cannabis breeders are so skilled that they keep increasing the THC levels and potency of marijuana. This increase occurs by breeding out the unfavourable genetics while leaving only the desired traits.
Some of the most popular Canadian hybrid cannabis strains include:
|Alien OG Strain||Atomic Bomb Strain||Black Tuna Strain|
|Blueberry Strain||Bruce Banner Strain||Charlotte's Web Strain|
|Gas Mask Strain||Ghost Train Strain||Cherry Pie Strain|
|God Bud Strain||Vanilla Kush Strain||Ice Wreck Strain|
|Kushberry Strain||Mango Haze Strain||Master Bubba Strain|
|Mataro Blue Strain||MK Ultra Strain||Peanut Butter Breath Strain|
|Phantom OG Strain||Pineapple Strain||Pink Star Strain|
|Purple Candy Strain||Sensi Star Strain||Skywalker Strain|
|Super Sour Diesel Strain||White Widow Strain||White Castle Strain|
|Blueberry Strain||Bubba Kush Strain||Bubba Kush Strain|
|Blue Cheese Strain||Hawaiian Snow Strain||White Shark Strain|
Best Ways to Take Hybrid Cannabis
Users can take cannabis in several different ways, with new methods surfacing all the time. Below are some of the most common ways you can take weed.
- Joint: Smoking a joint has always been the most common way of consuming cannabis. It’s efficient because the cannabis starts taking effect only after a few puffs, and the effects can last for as long as 3 hours.
- Vaporizers: This particular method is now coming head-to-head with smoking a joint because it’s just as efficient as a joint and creates much less odour. Vaporizers are also gaining popularity because many believe they do not pose a significant threat to the consumer’s health than a joint’s carbon monoxide and tar inhalation.
- Edibles: Edibles are the subtlest and the most eco-friendly way of consuming cannabis. They do not produce smoke or odour, which makes them socially-acceptable and easy-to-ingest. However, they are also the ones most prone to being abused by cannabis consumers, especially newbies, as their effects may start taking place after a good 15-30 minutes.
- Tinctures: Tinctures are small drops of cannabis oil that users ingest by placing them under the tongue. Their effects are almost instant but much more intense than joints.
- Toke it in a bong
- Smoke it in a pipe
Lastly, we recommend many Indica dominant hybrid strains for nighttime use. In contrast, most Sativa dominant hybrid strains we suggest for daytime use. However, you can typically expect that hybrid strain effects overlap with many Indica and Sativa strains.
Cannabis Dosage Chart:
Even though cannabis is relatively safe, you should be careful when dosing THC. The dosing instructions for hybrid cannabis strains are the same as for any marijuana flower. However, THC can affect people differently, so you should take this weed dosage chart with a grain of salt. Things such as body weight, frequency of use, and metabolic rate can have huge effects on how THC affects an individual.
|LEVEL||POTENCY (THC)||EFFECTS||FOR WHO?|
|Low||3 - 9%||Light||New Stoners|
|Moderate||10 - 18%||Moderate||Moderate Stoners|
|High||19 - 25%||High||Heavy Stoners|
|Stoner||> 25%||Intense||Master Stoners|
For a more detailed breakdown, you can check out our guide to all things cannabis.
Weed products come in all shapes and sizes, from high THC cannabis concentrates, to powerful weed edibles, to CBD products with no THC at all. Cannabis concentrates are potent forms of THC and are not for the faint of heart. The same goes for marijuana edibles that are known to induce intense highs.
There are even magic mushroom products for those looking for an out-of-this-world psychedelic experience. These products contain psilocybin, the main ingredient that causes hallucinatory effects.
Now that you know what type of product you’re looking for, here are some of the most popular alternatives to regular marijuana buds:
Marijuana Concentrates are products with high levels of THC and minimal plant matter. The beneficial compounds are separated from the unwanted plant material, leaving a purer and more potent product. Some of the most common weed concentrates include hashish, shatter, budder, cannabis oil, live resin, weed distillate, and weed vapes.
Consumers opting for this particular alternative should be aware that concentrates contain THC that can be three times the amount than normal marijuana joints. This increase is why we recommend that you ingest them in small quantities. They will be just as efficient in providing you with the desired experience despite being consumed in a smaller quantity.
Weed Edibles are cannabis products that you can eat. Many cannabis edibles are everyday food items that producers infuse with THC. They are discrete and do not produce any odour at all. However, they can be easily abused by consumers not aware of how they work and expect it to start working immediately. Unlike regular alternatives, edibles take time to begin taking effect as they must first be converted into 11-hydroxy-THC2 by the liver, which is a much more potent chemical compound. This process can take as much as 30 minutes depending on the consumer’s metabolism, and this enough time for newcomers to start ingesting more than the recommended amount. It is due to this reason we recommend that edibles be taken in limited amounts and given enough time to start taking effect.
CBD Items are products that do not cause intoxication. Cannabidiol (CBD) is a cannabinoid found in cannabis. However, CBD does not attach to receptors in the brain and causes the intoxicating effects of THC use. Some of Canada’s most common cannabidiol products include CBD oil, CBD capsules, CBD edibles, CBD vapes, and CBD gummies.
Magic Mushrooms products are those that contain the hallucinatory drug psilocybin. These products are perfect for those looking for a much more intense experience. However, this intensity can prove to be too much for some consumers because it is, after all, a hallucinatory drug which means that consumers are prone to seeing, hearing, or feeling things that are far from reality. Like other hallucinatory products, magic mushrooms can induce extreme paranoia and anxiety in consumers who already suffer from such conditions while sober. Hallucinogens like magic mushrooms are especially not recommended for drivers as they may cause a lack of coordination that may result in accidents that lead to injury or even death.
Buy Hybrid Weed Strains Online in Canada | Just Cannabis
Just Cannabis is known as one of Canada’s leading online weed dispensaries. We carry a catalogue of some of the best hybrid weed strains in Canada. Not only that, we offer some of the best prices around. Join our team and take part in our special deals and exclusive promotions. Come shop at JustCannabis, Canada’s cannabis store.
- WebMB. (2020). CBD vs. THC: What's the Difference? Available at: https://www.webmd.com/pain-management/cbd-thc-difference#1
- Powell, A. (2020, February 24, 2020). What we know and don’t know about pot. The Harvard Gazette. Available at: https://news.harvard.edu/gazette/story/2020/02/professor-explores-marijuanas-safe-use-and-addiction/
- Abby Hutmacher, The Best Cannabis Strains to Combat Chemotherapy Side Effects. Accessed Jan 15th at https://potguide.com/blog/article/the-best-cannabis-strains-to-combat-chemotherapy-side-effects/
- Engl, N. J. (2016, April 11). Adverse Health Effects of Marijuana Use. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. Available At: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC4827335/
- Methods of Cannabis Consumption. Accessed Jan 15th at https://www.safecannabisuse.com/dosing
- Department of Justice. (2019, October 17). Cannabis Legalization and Regulation. Available at: https://www.justice.gc.ca/eng/cj-jp/cannabis/