Written and Fact Checked by: S. Zulfiqar
How Safe Are Shrooms?
Regardless of their mixed reputation, shrooms are one of the safest recreational substances available. Whether you’re a first-time user or have lots of experience with psychedelics, most people don’t have any adverse side effects from shrooms. Shroom effects include many benefits, such as increasing moods and providing energy. If you’re curious about what shrooms do and what shrooms feel like, keep in mind that shrooms are only dangerous when you take the wrong type.
Shroom effects last between four to six hours, so it’s essential to make a plan to stay safe during your trip. Making bad decisions while impaired is the most common way to get hurt due to using shrooms. Be prepared for shroom side effects, and don’t get behind the wheel while trying mushrooms. Your sensitivity to other drugs can also be reduced, so keep that in mind as well.
Effects Of Shrooms Or Magic Mushrooms
Magic mushroom effects and trips produce psychedelic, hallucinogenic effects thanks to psilocybin. Psilocybin is a chemical compound that naturally occurs in shrooms. This substance is responsible for the “magic” experience of shroom usage. Psilocybin effects are rarely life-threatening, so long as users consume an appropriate type and dosage.
What do shrooms feel like? Shroom effects can be hard to put into words because magic mushrooms heighten your emotions, senses, and perception. Some users can fall into panic attacks and psychosis. They may have unpleasant visual hallucinations and even experience flashbacks for years after the trip. However, other people have only positive benefits, such as experiencing spiritual awakenings and having powerful out-of-body journeys.
Here Are The Most Common Magic Mushroom Effects
- Positive emotions
- Feeling high
- Out-of-body experiences
- Relief from anxiety and depression
- Losing track of time
- Increased creativity
- Dilated pupils
- Loss of physical coordination
- Changed sexual behaviour
- Dry mouth
- Increased blood pressure
Medical Benefits Of Shrooms
In addition to recreational psilocybin effects, shrooms also have powerful medicinal benefits. More and more studies are showing the full range of what shrooms do for mental and emotional health.
Personality And Trauma-Related Disorders
As humans, our experiences impact our brains. When experiences cause personality changes or lead to trauma-related disorders, shrooms can help rewrite our brains. For example, ideal doses of magic mushrooms can help people struggling with anxiety and depression. Many of these medical users see shroom effects such as changed perceptions and increased openness.
Quit Unhealthy Habits Like Smoking
One unique shroom side effect is that it can help people reduce their overall drug dependency. For example, magic mushrooms have successfully helped people kick addictions to cocaine, nicotine, and more.
Artists have long known what shrooms do for creativity and open-mindedness. Likewise, psychedelics help you detach from your ego and inhibitions, allowing your creative impulses to flow freely.
Other Common Medical Uses Of Shrooms
- Relieve pain from cancer and chronic conditions
- Cure headaches
- Improve mental health
- Reduce existential malaise
- Treat addiction
How Do Shrooms Work?
What do shrooms feel like, and how do they work? Psilocybin and psilocin are the chemical compounds responsible for psychedelic shroom effects. Depending on your level of experience and the amount of these compounds, you should start to feel magic mushroom effects from 15-45 minutes after consumption.
The most potent psilocybin effects take place about an hour after taking shrooms. You can expect your experience to last from four to six hours, with chemical compounds detectable in your body for three days. There isn’t a way to flush these chemicals out of your body any quicker. Your metabolism and the potency of your shrooms determine how long the compounds will stick around.
A Conclusion on the Effects and Uses of Shrooms
Now that we know what psilocybin mushrooms do and their uses, let’s look at where to find some. Browse through the Just Cannabis Shroom Shop and find top-grade magic mushrooms at affordable prices. Save now with one of our great deals and exclusive offers. Supply yourself with quality products so your next shroom experience will be one to remember!
- Wikipedia. (2020). Psilocybin. Available at: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Psilocybin
- Mammoser, Gigen. (2019, February 12). Mushrooms as Medicine? Psychedelics May Be Next Breakthrough Treatment. Healthline. Available at: https://www.healthline.com/health-news/benefits-of-medical-mushrooms
- Government of Canada. (2020, April 3). Psilocybin and psilocin (“Magic mushrooms”). Available at: https://www.canada.ca/en/health-canada/services/substance-use/controlled-illegal-drugs/magic-mushrooms.html
- Haberman, M. (2018, March 23). Clinical potential of psilocybin as a treatment for mental health conditions. US National Library of Medicine National Institutes of Health. Available at: https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC6007659/
- Johnson, J. (February 9, 2021). Magic mushrooms: How long do they stay in your system? Medical News Today. Available At: https://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/how-long-do-shrooms-stay-in-your-system